LIPTON® GREEN TEA AND UNSWEETENED ICED TEA: NATURALLY REFRESHING
The 2015–2020 Dietary Guidelines for Americans recommend that we all make food and beverage choices count. For meals, this means focusing on fruits, veggies and whole grains, but what about drinks?
Since adults and children in the U.S. take in about 400 calories daily from their beverages thanks to soda and other high-calorie drinks, focusing on calorie-free drinks throughout the day can be a great way to reduce calories while still staying hydrated. An easy solution: make unsweetened tea a part of your mealtime routine.
Whatever delicious meal you’re preparing, there is an unsweetened Lipton® iced tea or hot tea, that can perfectly accompany the flavor of your food. Tea is also It’s also easily customizable to prepare. You can put your own spin on preparation, whether you prefer to brew it light or strong or add some additions such as fruit, herbs or spices!
Even better, Lipton® unsweetened tea is 99.5% water, making it just as hydrating & refreshing as water with zero calories! Lipton 100% Natural Green tea may also help you maintain a healthy heart as it contains 150mg of flavonoids. Daily consumption of at least 400mg of flavonoids may help maintain a healthy heart as part of a diet consistent with dietary guidelines.
What’s not to love? Try these simple suggestions to inspire mindful beverage choices and enhance your next meal:
• Plan ahead for your next mealtime beverage by brewing and storing a batch of unsweetened iced tea in the fridge-it’s easy to do in 3 simple steps!
- 1. Fill half a pitcher with boiling water and add 3-4 teabags for 3 minutes.
- 2. Fill the rest of the pitcher with ice.
- 3. Enjoy now or refrigerate for later!
• Swap one sugar-sweetened beverage a day with an unsweetened Lipton® iced or hot tea to avoid consumption of empty calories.
• Slices of fresh fruit are an excellent way to add a little tropical flavor to your iced brew, and to sweeten the whole pitcher with no added sugar. Just brew as normal, and then add fruits like oranges, peaches, pineapple or even kiwi, and let them soak for a few hours. After you’ve finished your fresh, tangy pitcher of tea, don’t forget to enjoy the delicious marinated fruit at the bottom!