Ancho Carne Asada Tacos
Cook up Knorr’s delicious Ancho Carne Asada Tacos recipe made with juicy skirt steak, brown rice, spices, and Knorr® Selects Beef Bouillon.
- 1 Tbsp. Knorr® Selects Beef Bouillon
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tsp. ancho chile powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 -lb. skirt steak
- 20 corn tortillas, warmed according to package directions
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- 6 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 large tomato, cut in wedges
DirectionsEmail | Print
1. Start cooking the brown rice in water according to package directions.
2. About 15 minutes before rice should be cooked, begin to prepare your tacos. Combine Knorr® Selects Beef Bouillon, oil, garlic, chile powder and cumin in small bowl. Rub steak on both sides with Bouillon mixture.
3. Heat large nonstick skillet over high heat and cook steak, in batches if necessary, turning once, until desired doneness, about 8 minutes. Remove from skillet; loosely cover to keep warm. Let rest 5 minutes, then thinly slice against the grain.
4. Have your family build their own tacos. Start by stacking 2 tortillas topped with sliced steak, and if desired, taco toppings of your choice.
5. Finally, toss the salad greens, tomato wedges and oil and vinegar in a salad bowl.
6. Serve tacos with salad and rice.