Arepas with Chorizo, Egg and Avocado
Cook up Knorr’s delicious Arepas with Chorizo, Egg and Avocado. A recipe that’s quick and easy to make but flavorful to eat!
- 1 cup no salt added diced tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp. Knorr® Tomato Bouillon with Chicken flavor
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 package (19 oz.) arepas, cut into 24 wedges
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 ounces chopped chorizo (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups egg substitute
- 1 large avocado, thinly sliced into 24 slices
DirectionsEmail | Print
1. Process tomatoes with Knorr® Tomato Bouillon with Chicken flavor in blender until smooth; set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 250°. Heat 1 Tbsp. olive oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook arepas in batches, turning once and adding 1 Tbsp. olive oil as needed, until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Arrange on baking sheet and place in oven to keep warm until ready to serve.
3. Heat 1 tsp. olive oil in same skillet over medium-high heat and cook onion, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 4 minutes. Add chorizo and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until chorizo is golden brown, about 5 minutes. Add tomato mixture and simmer 10 minutes to blend flavors.
4. Heat remaining 2 tsp. olive oil in large skillet. Cook egg substitute, stirring frequently, until cooked through.
5. To serve, spoon chorizo mixture onto arepa wedge, top with egg substitute and avocado slice. Serve, if desired, with sliced fresh fruit.