Baked Yucca Fries with Cilantro Creamy SauceEmail
- CILANTRO CREAMY SAUCE:
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp. aji amarillo chili pepper paste, (or to taste)
- 2 tsp. crushed garlic
- 3 Tbsp. water
- 1 tsp. Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise or Avocado Oil with a hint of Lime Mayonnaise Dressing
- YUCCA FRIES:
- 1 large yucca * (about 2 lbs.), cut into 3 pieces, peel sliced off
- 1 Tbsp. Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon, divided
DirectionsEmail | Print
1. For CILANTRO CREAMY SAUCE, heat skillet over medium-high heat 2 minutes. Add oil, onion, aji amarillo and garlic and cook, stirring, 3 minutes. Add water and Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon and cook, stirring, until dissolved. Let cool slightly.
2. Scrape SAUCE mixture into blender and add cilantro and Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise; blend until smooth. Chill until cool and thickened.
3. Meanwhile, for YUCCA FRIES, cut each piece yucca in half lengthwise, then into wedges.
4. Put yucca wedges, water to cover and Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon in medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Drain and let cool.
5. Preheat oven to 400°. Spray 2 large rimmed baking sheets with no-stick cooking spray.
6. Arrange cooled yucca on prepared pans and spray with cooking spray to coat. Bake 30 to 40 minutes, turning once halfway through, until the fries are golden.
7. Serve with SAUCE.