A quick and colorful broccoli salad recipe with crispy bacon, tender onions and creamy Hellmann’s® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise. Great as a light lunch or as a side salad.
Calories from Fat
- 1 large head broccoli, separated into florets
- 4 slices bacon or pancetta, chopped
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. pine (pignoli) nuts, toasted
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Pinch crushed hot pepper flakes
- 3 Tbsp. Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. red wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
DirectionsEmail | Print
1. Cover broccoli florets with water in medium saucepot and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer until broccoli is crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water until completely cool; set aside.
2. Cook bacon in medium skillet until just starting to brown. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until bacon is crisp and onion is tender, about 5 minutes.
3. Combine cooked broccoli, onion mixture, pine nuts, parsley and hot pepper flakes in large bowl; set aside.
4. Combine Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise, vinegar and paprika in small measuring cup or bowl. Pour over broccoli mixture and toss well.