Caldo Gallego (White Bean Soup)Email
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 1/2 ounces chorizo sausage, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 can (15.5 oz.) no salt added cannellini beans or white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 5 cups water
- 1 Tbsp. Knorr® Tomato Bouillon with Chicken flavor
- 2 medium Russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-in. cubes
- 1 medium turnip, peeled and cut into 1/2-in. cubes
- 2 cups thinly sliced kale
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
DirectionsEmail | Print
1. Heat oil in small saucepan over medium-high heat, and brown chorizo, stirring occasionally, about 2 minutes. Stir in onion and cook until starting to soften, about 4 minutes. Stir in garlic and beans and cook 1 minute, stirring to coat beans. Add water, Knorr® Tomato Bouillon with Chicken flavor, potatoes and turnips; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 15 minutes. Stir in kale and cook until potatoes and turnips are tender, about 5 minutes.
2. Serve, garnished with cilantro and, if desired, with lemon wedges.