Callaloo Chicken Stew
Cook up Knorr’s delicious Callaloo Chicken Stew recipe made with smoked ham, sweet potato, Knorr® Reduced Sodium Chicken Flavor Bouillon and more.
Calories from Fat
- 1 1/4 lbs. bone-in, skin on chicken thighs, skin removed
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp. chopped smoked ham
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 5 green onions, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 8 cups baby spinach leaves
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup lite coconut milk
- 2 tsp. Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon or Knorr® Reduced Sodium Chicken flavor Bouillon
- 2 cups hot cooked brown rice
DirectionsEmail | Print
1. Season chicken, if desired, with salt and pepper. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken, turning once, until browned, about 3 minutes; remove and set aside.
2. Add ham to same skillet and cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until crisp. Add sweet potatoes and onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, about 4 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
3. Add spinach, water, coconut milk, Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon and chicken and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until chicken is thoroughly cooked, about 15 minutes. Remove chicken and shred; return to skillet. Serve with hot cooked rice, and, if desired, lime wedges.
Cost per serving*: $1.65.
*Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.