Chicken Sancocho (Chicken Stew)Email
Calories from Fat
- 1 1/4 lbs. bone-in chicken thighs, skin removed
- 3 Tbsp. Country Crock® Spread, divided
- 1 lb. yucca, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks, (about 3 cups)
- 1 large sweet potato, (about 12 oz.), peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 cups water
- 1 3/4 tsp. Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon or Knorr® Reduced Sodium Chicken flavor Bouillon
- 1 large ear corn-on-the-cob, cut into 4 pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
DirectionsEmail | Print
1. Season chicken, if desired, with salt and pepper. Melt 2 tablespoons Country Crock® Spread in 5-quart pot over medium-high heat and cook chicken, turning once, until browned, about 5 minutes.
2. Add remaining 1 tablespoon Spread to pot; melt. Stir in yucca and sweet potato and cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until lightly golden, about 3 minutes. Stir in garlic; cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
3. Add water and Bouillon and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and cook covered 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Stir in corn; cover and cook until vegetables are tender and chicken is thoroughly cooked, about 10 minutes. Remove chicken; cut meat from bones and return to pot. Stir in cilantro. Serve, if desired with lime wedges.
Tip: Serve with a mixed green salad to round out the meal. Cost per recipe*: $5.36. Cost per serving*: $1.34.*Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.