Chicken Tinga Tacos
Cook up Knorr’s delicious Chicken Tinga Tacos recipe made with Knorr® Selects Tomato Chicken Bouillon, chipotle chili powder, fresh veggies and spices.
- 1 Tbsp. Knorr® Selects Tomato Chicken Bouillon
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tsp. PLUS 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup chopped white onion
- 4 large plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp. chipotle chile powder
- 2 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 20 corn tortillas, warmed according to package directions
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 large tomato, cut in wedges
- 6 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
DirectionsEmail | Print
1. Start by cooking the brown rice in water according to package directions. Meanwhile, begin to prepare your tacos. Sprinkle Knorr® Selects Tomato Chicken Bouillon over chicken breasts, rubbing into chicken to coat.
2. Heat 2 tsp. oil in large skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken, turning once, until browned, about 5 minutes. Pour water into skillet; cover, reduce heat and simmer, turning chicken once, until chicken is thoroughly cooked, 8 to 10 minutes for small breasts, 10 to 12 minutes for larger breasts.
3. Remove chicken to plate; refrigerate until cool enough to handle. Pour cooking liquid into bowl and set aside.
4. Heat remaining 1 Tbsp. oil in same skillet over high heat and cook onion stirring occasionally, until golden, about 3 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until tomatoes begin to break down, about 5 minutes.
5. Stir in chile powder, garlic and reserved cooking liquid and cook, stirring occasionally, until very thick, about 8 minutes. Meanwhile shred chicken.
6. Stir chicken and any juices into skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until very thick and chicken is heated through, about 5 minutes. Stir in cilantro.
7. Have your family build their own tacos. Start by stacking 2 tortillas topped with chicken, and, if desired, taco toppings of your choice.
8. Finally, toss the salad greens, tomato wedges and oil and vinegar in a salad bowl.
9. Serve tacos with salad and rice.