Cuban Rice & Black Beans
Cook up Knorr’s delicious Cuban Rice & Black Beans made with a few simple ingredients. A recipe that’s quick and easy to make but flavorful to eat!
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 cup finely chopped onion, divided
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon Cube(s), cut in half, divided
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1 can (15 oz.) low sodium black beans, undrained
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. dried oregano leaves, crushed
DirectionsEmail | Print
1. Heat 2 Tbsp. oil in 3-qt. saucepan over medium heat and cook 1/2 cup onion, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 5 minutes. Add rice and cook, stirring frequently, until rice is golden, about 2 minutes. Add water and 1/2 Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon Cube and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered until rice is tender, about 45 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, heat remaining 2 Tbsp. oil in 2-qt. saucepan over medium heat and cook remaining 1/2 cup onion with green pepper, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in remaining ingredients and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until beans are tender, about 12 minutes.
3. Garnish, if desired, with cilantro.