Cumin-Scented Chicken & Pan Roasted ChickpeasEmail
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 can (15.5 oz.) low sodium chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 orange or yellow bell pepper, diced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups water
- 1 package Knorr® Rice Sides™ - Chicken flavor Broccoli
- 2 Tbsp. crumbled feta cheese
DirectionsEmail | Print
1. SEASON chicken with cumin and if desired, salt and pepper. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked, about 5 minutes. Remove and set aside.
2. STIR chickpeas, pepper and onion into same skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables begin to soften, about 6 minutes. Remove and set aside.
3. ADD water and Knorr® Rice Sides™ - Chicken flavor Broccoli to same skillet and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer covered 7 minutes or until rice is tender. Stir in chicken, chickpea mixture and feta. Garnish, if desired, with chopped parsley and lemon wedges; now it's delicious. Dig in!