Easy Rice with Pigeon PeasEmail
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped ham
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1 package Knorr® Rice Sides™ - Chicken flavor
- 1 can (15.5 oz.) pigeon peas, drained and rinsed
- Pinch salt
DirectionsEmail | Print
1. Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat and cook ham, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 2 minutes. Add onion and green pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring, 30 seconds until fragrant. Add tomato and cook 1 minute.
2. Stir in water, Knorr® Rice Sides™ - Chicken flavor and pigeon peas. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, 7 minutes or until Rice is tender. Stir in salt. Let stand 2 minutes before serving.
3. Serve, if desired, with cilantro and sliced olives.