Calories from Fat
- 4 tsp. Knorr® Beef flavor Bouillon, divided
- 1 -lb. London broil or boneless beef top round steak
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 medium green bell peppers, sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 3 cups hot cooked brown rice
DirectionsEmail | Print
1. Preheat oven to 325°. Sprinkle 2 teaspoons Knorr® Beef flavor Bouillon evenly over steak, pressing in lightly. Heat oil in large oven-proof saucepot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat and cook steak, turning once, until browned. Remove and set aside.
2. Cook peppers and onion in same pot over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until browned, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in tomatoes and remaining 2 teaspoons Bouillon. Return steak to pot. Cover and bake 3 hours or until steak is very tender.
3. Remove steak and shred meat with fork. Return shredded meat to pot with sauce and simmer about 10 minutes. Serve with hot cooked rice.
Cost per serving*: $1.54
*Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.