Vegan Lasagna with Veggie SauceEmail
- 1 package (20 oz.) cubed butternut squash, roasted until tender (about 4 cups)
- 1 can (15 oz.) low-sodium chick peas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Vegan Carefully Crafted Dressing and Sandwich Spread
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast seasoning
- 1 container (14 oz.) extra firm tofu, weighted down with heavy bowl to drain 20 minutes, then crumbled
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 (10 oz.) packages baby portobello or crimini mushrooms, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 box (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 large clove garlic, finely chopped
- 4 cups jarred vegan pasta sauce
- 12 vegan, gluten free no boil lasagna noodles
DirectionsEmail | Print
1. Heat oven to 400°. Mash squash and chick peas in large bowl. Stir in Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Vegan Carefully Crafted Dressing and Sandwich Spread, nutritional yeast, then tofu. Season, if desired, with salt and pepper.
2. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook mushrooms and onions 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in spinach and garlic; cook 2 minutes then stir in pasta sauce. Remove from heat.
3. Spread 1 cup sauce mixture in bottom of 13 x 9-inch baking dish then top with 3 uncooked lasagna noodles. Spread with 2 cups tofu mixture; repeat layers 2 more times. Top with remaining 3 noodles, then remaining sauce.
4. Cover with foil and bake 45 minutes. Remove foil and continue to bake an additional 15 minutes, until lasagna noodles are tender. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.